Friday, February 17, 2012

Something Borrowed

So I just watched a chick flick with my girlfriend last night and was not impressed... The movie is titled "Something Borrowed."

The whole premise of the movie is based on a man and a woman falling in love. (Sounds familiar, right?)  Except that the man (Colin Egglesfield) is engaged and the woman (Ginnifer Goodwin) he falls in love with is the best friend of the bride-to-be (Kate Hudson).  This wouldn't be so bad had they just met after the engagement, but they've known each other the entire time the couple has been dating.  Not only have they known each other for the entire 6 years but the best friend introduced the bride and groom.

I apologize for those of you who think this is a sweet movie, but I cannot classify it as such.  It's a movie about cheating on your fiancĂ© with her best friend.  Yeah so what if they "loved each other all along."  That doesn't make it OK to walk out on your bride and to screw over your best friend.  If you "loved each other" then the whole 6 years with the other girl shouldn't have happened... Hate to break it to you bro but you shouldn't have "popped the question" to the wrong broad.

This movie gets two thumbs down... (If I had more thumbs I would throw them down as well).  Do not see this movie. I do not recommend it at all. It was a waste of time.  The only good thing about the movie was the end when the credits started rolling.... Oh and John Krasinski's role.  His sarcastic character made the movie semi-tolerable.

Sorry for the rant.  Just giving my opinion on a terrible movie.  IMDB gives it a 5.6/10... I think that is very gracious... I give it a 4.3/10 and that's only because John Krasinski made me laugh a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment